- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) or Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)
Excellent resource for information, support groups for people with RSD.
- Pain.com – A World of Information on Pain
- American Chronic Pain Association
- More than 235 Pain Management Guidelines at AHRQ Site
- Consensus Statements on Opioid Use at The American Academy of Pain Medicine (AAPM) Site
- Roadblocks to Relief Survey Presented at the American Pain Society Site
- Carefully Screened Lists of Internet Pain Resources at Mayday Pain Project Site
- American Pain Foundation’s Site
Patient information and model pain legislation.
- American Alliance of Cancer Pain Initiatives
Focus on improving pain management.
- American Academy of Head, Neck and Facial Pain
For healthcare professionals, including dental professionals: a source of information on symposiums, products and educational materials, and more. For the public: “a quick and easy way to locate Medical and Dental Professional Members in your area who have specialized knowledge and skills” in the field of Head, Neck and Facial Pain.
- American Academy Hospice and Palliative Medicine (AAHPM)
Events and meetings, job listings, and position statements issued by physicians whose focus is hospice and palliative medicine. Practice, research and education are considered.
- The American Headache Society [AHS] (formerly known as the American Association for the Study of Headache [AASH])
For healthcare professionals. Offers CME, Headache information, cassettes of scientific meetings, and instructions on how to subscribe to the journal Headache and how to join the Society.
- American Council for Headache Education
- “Back Pain” — Article at Mayo Clinic Health Oasis
An updated version of the article for the general public that appeared in the Mayo Clinic Health Letter. It discusses the causes of back pain, tests that may be used during diagnosis, treatments, and prevention of back pain. The article is directed to the general public.
- Fibromyalgia Alliance of America (FMAA)
Source for information on fibromyalgia, including lists of healthcare professionals and support groups specializing on fibromyalgia. The site is in the process of being expanded.
- National Library of Medicine/National Institutes of Health (NLM/NIH) – Resources on Pain –
Links to resources from the National Institutes of Health, the Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research, the American Society of Anesthesiologists, the Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome Association of America, and more.